Sun, air-conditioning and of years of facial expressions can certainly affect your skin’s condition and appearance as well as its health.
Jojoba is actually not an oil. It is a golden liquid wax almost identical to the wax already in young skin. As we age, the natural wax in our skin begins to diminish and so the aging cycle begins. Jojoba is the only known natural plant source of this liquid wax so Jojoba can put back what age takes away. It has a natural affinity with the skin because of its similarity to the skin and it can penetrate much deeper into the skin than plant oils can. Therefore it can really make a difference to the skin by deeply hydrating the skin and fighting wrinkles from deep down in the skin. Skin is hydrated for 24 hours. In addition, Jojoba is naturally rich in vitamins A, D and E antioxidants and essential fatty acids which help to keep the skin healthy and glowing….and it is 100% natural.
All of our products are based around our beautiful jojoba from our farm so the jojoba helps to carry anything added to it deep down into the skin for maximum benefit.
The basic regime I would recommend for aging skin would be the following
- Cleanse – Gentle Cleansing Balm – this is very hydrating and won’t strip the skin of vital moisture. Cleanse morning and night.
- Serum – Absolute Serum – this is our Anti-aging serum. It contains peptides, Hyaluronic acid and antioxidants to plump and firm the skin. It has been clinically proven to reduce frown lines by 24% and crow’s feet by 27% after 4 weeks of use. Use this after cleansing either morning or night or both if like! (I use it morning and night as I am addicted to it now!)
- Jojoba – I would recommend our Ultimate Jojoba. Our Ultimate Jojoba is our multivitamin for the skin. We have added all vitamins A to K from natural oils to our Jojoba as well as the potent antioxidant CoQ10 and topped it off with the beautiful essential oil of Linden Blossom. It is our Ultimate Jojoba because it is jojoba with added goodies – the perfect product for anti-aging and it will also deeply hydrate your skin. Use morning or night or both if you like!
- Moisturiser – Hydrating Day Cream – apply on top of the Ulitmate Jojoba to seal everything in. This Day Cream is also rich in antioxidants, peptides (proteins), natural vitamins and jojoba. It is also clinically proven to increase collagen in the skin by a huge 97% . You can use this morning and night or you can substitute our Overnight Renewal Cream for this at night. The overnight Renewal Cream has different botanicals in it and also has Vitamin A to aid skin renewal overnight and marine collagen to help plump up the skin and repair collagen.
The above is a basic regime. If you wanted to add some more products to your regime, you could add the following:
1. Jojoba Bead and Bamboo Facial exfoliant – it is important to exfoliate your skin 2-3 times per week to remove the dead skin cells and to make your moisturisers and creams work better. If you have dead skin cells on your skin then the creams are only moisturising the dead skin cells! Do this after cleansing and before using the serum. For a deeper exfoliation, leave the product on for 10 minutes before washing off.2. Cucumber and Guava Firming Eye Balm – developed specially for the delicate area around the eyes, this product is rich in antioxidants and vitamins and has calming and soothing cucumber and green tea. Pat this product gently around the ridge surrounding the eye using your ring finger. Do this morning and night.